2Is Inc. is looking for an individual interested in mathematical modeling, computational techniques, and algorithms to solve complex problems. The individual will apply inverse problem solving to transform data into model parameters. This is an entry level position with an expectation for growth and advancement. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Providing detailed mathematical analysis of variable relationships
- Performing accurate and complete data extraction from databases or information systems to meet project requirements
- Applying statistical techniques to develop models utilizing large-scale database systems
- Merging, transforming, manipulating, and creating data sets into required format for analysis
- Graphing, plotting, and summarizing data
The ideal candidate has:
- Knowledge about descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, and statistical programming packages
- Any major with a significant mathematics foundation will be considered, including: bio-engineering, chemistry, mathematics, electrical engineering, probability, statistics, actuarial, etc.
- Desire to learn from team members and ability to self-teach
- Strong motivation and internal drive to accomplish tasks
Applicant must be a US citizen, as the majority of our contracts involve the US military.
2Is Inc. has a rapidly growing software business geared toward developing decision support tools using leading technologies for both the government and commercial sectors of the defense industry. It is located thirty minutes southwest of Boston and is within walking distance of the Walpole commuter train station. Our web-based applications provide leading-edge analytics in pricing, forecasting, and supply chain management. We focus on machine learning and “big-data” technology to optimize the value of data and tailor our applications to the needs of our customers. 2Is is a registered CMMI Level III software development organization, and our customer-oriented approach is designed to make our SaaS solutions secure, usable, and accessible.
We value diverse thinking and hire people from a wide variety of disciplines, including mathematics, electrical engineering, computer science, graphic design, fine arts, psychology, and public health. We are also competitive duck racers and ping pong enthusiasts!
We offer a competitive salary, 24 paid flexible time off days per calendar year plus 6 paid holidays, medical benefits, 401k, Short Term and Long Term disability insurance, an annual gym membership allowance, and tuition reimbursement.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.