Mathematical Modeling Software Developer
2Is Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented Mathematical Modeling Software Developer to join our data modeling and analytics (DMA) team. Applicants should be interested in mathematical modeling, computational techniques, and algorithms to solve complex problems. The individual will apply inverse problem solving to transform data into model parameters. An array of skills and strengths are required to fulfill the role at the expected level, including strong math skills. The applicant must be a disciplined and organized self-starter who can work on several data analytics and statistical modeling projects at the same time. The ideal candidate is interested in working closely with other individuals to continually improve and advance software. The candidate must also be willing to design and execute test processes and procedures for projects developed by other modelers.
This is an entry level position with an expectation for growth and advancement.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing detailed mathematical analysis of variable relationships.
- Performing accurate and complete data extraction from databases or information systems to meet project requirements.
- Applying statistical techniques to develop models utilizing large-scale database systems.
- Merging, transforming, manipulating, and creating data sets into required format for analysis.
- Graphing, plotting, and summarizing data.
- Performing thorough data analysis; may include building spreadsheets, creating graphs/visuals, investigating questions that arise from data anomaly checks or model results.
- Identifying and tracking defects to ensure quality of final product, writing and verifying unit tests.
- Setting up expectations at the start of projects and reviewing expectations and results as the project develops.
- Designing and executing test processes and procedures to ensure that modeling projects faithfully reflect documented equations and objectives.
- The candidate may also develop automated test scripts to reduce repetitive manual testing.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, as many of our contracts involve the US military. The ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in any major with a significant mathematics foundation, includingbio-engineering, chemistry, mathematics, electrical engineering, probability, statistics, actuarial, etc.
- Knowledge about descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, and statistical programming packages
- Desire to learn from team members and ability to self-teach
- Strong motivation and internal drive to accomplish tasks
If interested, please apply using the link below and attach your resume. Click here to apply
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve